NYC Honorary Street Names


The One Room Schoolhouse Park (Queens)
Present name:None
Location:Park at 90th St and Astoria Blvd
Honoree: This park was the site of the last one-room school house in Queens. It was built in 1879 when the surrounding area was rural and sparsely settled. It had a capacity of 52 students, divided into six classes, one for each year. In 1925 the original building was closed, but a temporary schoolhouse on the site was still in use when the property was acquired by the Parks Department in 1934.

Contact | © 2005-2022 by Gilbert Tauber