NYC Honorary Street Names
Bishop R. C. Lawson Place (Manhattan)
Present name:West 124th Street
Location:Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard and Malcolm X Boulevard.
Honoree: Robert Clarence Lawson (b. 1883) founded the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith in Harlem in 1919. In 1945, the church moved from 133rd Street to a former theater on 124th Street, and was renamed the Greater Refuge Temple.
Contact | © 2005-2019 by Gilbert Tauber