NYC Honorary Street Names


Wes Joice Corner (Manhattan)
Present name:None
Location:Northeast corner of Seventh Avenue and Christopher Street
Honoree: John Wesley Joice (1931-1997) was the proprietor of The Lion's Head which he moved to 59 Christopher Street in 1996. During the 30 years that followed, The Lion's Head became famous as a literary gathering place and Greenwich Village landmark. It closed in 1996.

Contact | © 2005-2022 by Gilbert Tauber