NYC Honorary Street Names
Our Lady of Czestochowa Place (Brooklyn)
Present name:24th Street
Location:Bounded by 3rd and 4th Avenues.
Honoree: This naming honored the centennial of the Roman Catholic Parish of Our Lady of Czestochowa. The parish was established by the Rt. Rev. Msgr Boleslaus Puchalski in 1896 to serve Polish immigrants. Construction of the present Gothic-style church began in 1904, after the original frame church was destroyed by fire.
Contact | © 2005-2022 by Gilbert Tauber